Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday Menu

One thing I came up against last week as we have settled into eating at home more deliberately is that I didn't have enough meals planned so I throwing in one more this week:

Pizza - er yes the kind that is made at home. The kids want pesto and olives and things on theirs. Mr Greenjeans and I like caramelized onion and anchovies.

Spaghetti and salad - This is from Spaghetti sauce I've made in bulk and stored in quart jars in the freezer.

Chicken with Garlic and Sugar Snap peas and Dry fried Green Beans
Both of these recipes come from "The Breath of the Wok" book by Grace Young and Alan Richardson. This is one of my most favorite cookbooks in a very large collection. It isn't all recipes and chronicles the spirit of the wok. We were in San Francisco last year and went to the Wok shop they wrote about - it was a fine experience, and we spent all morning there, but I digress.

Shrimp Stuffed Tofu from this month's Cooking Light magazine.

Today i purchased a 32 Qt. Pressure Canner. This will be my learning a new skill. We've always frozen our batches of spaghetti in quart jars but now I'll be able to pressure seal them!

No comments: