Monday, July 7, 2008

Gravity and Earth VS Girl and Momentum

I'm trying to decide what to name this post. Maybe, Horse - Girl =




Our expected out of town company had arrived with hugs and greetings and up the walk behind them were a few of Ni Chan's friends. They had squirt guns and a mask and said they were kidnapping Ni Chan because she didn't get out enough. Off they went and appearently had a squirt gun fight and then went out to see the animals in the pasture.

One of the girls young siblings had an old mare that they crawl all over and so the older girls figure they'll take turns riding in the pasture. Ni Chan went first. Appearently the mare doesn't like big kids as well as little ones because she took off bucking. Ni Chan has had martial arts and so knew how to fall and roll but the momentum was too much and then right out her arm. She was too embarassed to tell her 'captors' and so waited until she got home to announce that her arm was broken.

Mr. Greenjeans took her to the ER as I served the guest's dinner. She came back in a cast with surgury scheduled for Saturday morning. Surgury took longer than expected, the bone at the wrist had rolled up (a young person thing) and there were fragments to be removed. She is pinned and has external bars instead of a cast now. She stayed the night in the hospital where they OD'd her on pain meds and had to do an emergency reversal of said drugs while one nuse counted resparations and another pushed on her belly while her heart rate dropped like a stone.

That evening, I was standing up to leave the hospital, being relieved from parent duty by Mr. Greenjeans when a call came in that the most Sr. lay member (both elected position and age) of the church was being brought in on ambulance. She was having a heart attack. I then spent the next 5 hours holding her hand, and praying with her in the ER until she got a helecopter ride to the city. By nearly midnight I was dragging.

We brought Ni Chan home after church the next day, gave her the first pain pill and she had an allergic reaction. It wasn't bad enought to take her back but it was Sunday and so she has spent until her afternoon orthopod appointment on Monday without any stronger pain meds than asperin. At this appointment I learned that I have to clean surgury incisions 2 times daily. The how-to instructions had both Ni Chan and Mr. Greenjeans faint and queezy.

The kid is a trooper and hasn't complained much except that she is flat out and feeling generally ill from all the trash in her system now. Anyway, that's what I've been up to instead of posting to my blog.

9 comments:

Ruby said...

Oh, dear. I hope that both the patients are soon on the mend.

Anonymous said...

prayers for all of you - wow - what a weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh, my!! My prayers for all of you!

Going Crunchy said...

Oh my gravy, how terrible! It seems as if one thing was piled on the next one. Good thoughts and vibes for you. Shannon

Lewru said...

That sounds horrible! I'm so glad that she's okay now but what an awful ordeal. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers, too!

El said...

Oh your poor girl!!! Very brave girl too (just like her momma). Hope she heals well, and quickly.

ilex said...

Incisions. Ugh. But maybe she'll have some cool little scars someday? :)

Robj98168 said...

In the words of my norwegian grandma UFF DA!
Poor Ni Chan! Tell her for me that dudes dig chick scars

Connie said...

Thank you all for all you cares and concerns. Ya Rob, I'll tell her that 8-}.