Saturday, August 2, 2008
A Blog Award!
Thank you Rob for the award! (I saw your post before I even received official notification!)
1.The winner can put the logo on her/his blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated
6. Bonus points, list 5 random things about yourself that we might not pick up from your blog.
So, I nominate:
1. Lisa and her new urban homestead chickens for her generous sharing of her herbalist knowledge.
2. Caroline at Goldenacreliveson for her wonderful garden post and practical ho-to's
3. April at My Grandma was Green for a really great spin on the greening, simplicity movement. My Grandparents were so important to me and I feel as thought this honors Grands.
4. Ilex who homesteads in a condo for being one of the blogs I've read the longest, who show what you can do with limited space and her views on the world.
5. Wendy? at Home Is... a cool blog I've recently found and started reading. The pictures have me wanting to move to Maine.
The Bonus 5 things about me (I took the liberty of shortening this list).
1. You may be able to gather bits an pieces about our critter from my blog, but we have 4 dogs: A Bernese Mountain Dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, A Border Collie, and a Golden Retriever. All are rescue dogs from various organizations, the best of which is Bernese Auction Rescue Coalition. We also have 3 cats: a Pixie Bob, and two black and white "tuxedo cats" (two rescues). We have 26 chickens (numbers to be reduced upon crowing) and a bunny.
2. As a child I worked for a week for a circus and when the circus left town my parents came early to pick me up to be sure I didn't leave town with the circus.
3. I've never been off the North American Continent (unless the blogger Cruise counts as out to sea).
4. I quilt in the winter the way I garden and can in the spring and summer (future blog posts, to be sure).
5. I own a Yamaha V Star 650 that I've been too busy to get out of storage from our move.